Helpful Move-out Tips to Avoid Any Potential Charges
Jul 05, 2017
Moving can be very stressful so we wanted to provide you with a few tips to make move-out day a little easier.
Things to do before the move
• Go to usps.com to have your mail forwarded
• Cancel or redirect any deliveries or subscriptions
• Back up your files! You never know what can happen to your computer during a move
• Check for any packages at the office
• Transfer any utilities, cable, water, etc. if applicable
• Arrange for movers or moving help
• Eat any perishable food you have
Cleaning the Apartment
• Floors – Vacuum or sweep floors prior to checkout
• Kitchen - Clean kitchen sink, faucet, cabinets and countertops. Don’t forget to clear off the top of kitchen cabinets!
• Range and microwave - Clean all parts of the oven, range, and microwave, including exterior.
• Refrigerator - Clean all parts of the refrigerator and freezer including exterior. After cleaning, leave refrigerator temperature setting on 1 and turn off the ice maker.
• Closets, Cabinets, Drawers, Shelves and Backsplashes - Remove all shelf paper, contact paper and adhesive residue.
• Bathroom – Clean toilet, bathtub, mirror, walls and floors.
• Doors and walls - Remove all hooks, nails, stickers and tape. DO NOT PATCH NAIL HOLES—Patching may result in charges
• Window areas - Remove all stickers and tape. Clean inside of windows including tracks. Remove any curtains installed. Dust blinds.
• If your apartment is furnished, remove the cushions and vacuum out anything that may have fallen during your stay.
• All trash/ trash bags must be disposed of in the proper receptacle. Any trash left in the apartment or in the hallway is subject to a fine.
What To Donate
• Non-perishable food
• School/office/art supplies
• Pillows/mattress toppers
• Sporting equipment
• Working/non-working electronics and small appliances
What Not To Donate
• Cleaning products
• Used toiletries
• Food - open, expired, or perishable
• Anything badly stained, soiled, worn, torn, broken or missing parts
• Turn in your keys to staff. Failure to return all keys will result in a charge to re-core locks.
• Provide a forwarding address
The start of a new school year is an exciting time for every Wolf Pack member, but it also means you’ll have a packed schedule and a to-do list 100 miles long. We’d like to make it a little easier for you to keep up with, so we’ve put together some important dates to get you through syllabus week at the University of Nevada Reno:
• Last day to register for classes at the University of Nevada Reno: August 25, 2017
• Classes Start for Wolf Packers: August 28, 2017
• The last day to drop any classes that might not be the right fit is. Be careful though, make sure you still have enough hours to be a full time student: September 7, 2017
• The first day off, we know you need it: Sept 4th Labor day, yup University of Nevada Reno is off that day
Here is a link with some more important University dates and deadlines
Hoping all of you Wolf Packers have a great fall semester!
In need of some great tunes to listen to for your Summer road trips? We have the perfect playlist for you!
26 songs, 1 hr 33 min
1. Summertime – Single Edit – DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince
2. All Of Me – Tanlines
3. Every Morning – J Mascis
4. Shut Up and Dance – Walk the Moon
5. Rollercoaster – Bleachers
6. Pay No Mind – Madeon, Passion Pit
7. The Wild Life – Vacationer
8. Keep You – Wild Belle
9. Island In The Sun – Weezer
10. Cheap Sunglasses – RAC, Matthew Koma
11. Warm Water – Banks
12. I Wanna Go – Summer Heart
13. Dancing With Myself – Billy Idol
14. Floating Vibes – Surfer Blood
15. Cap Cod Kwassa Kwassa – Vampire Weekend
16. Take Me up to the Sun – The Walking Sticks
17. Happy With Me – HOLYCHILD
18. The Longer I Run – Peter Bradley Adams
19. Fall In Love – Phantogram
20. Ready for the Weekend – Calvin Harris
21. Where Is My Mind? – Pixies
22. Riptide – Vance Joy
23. Reflections – MisterWives
24. I – Kendrick Lamar
25. The Business of Emotion (feat. White Sea) – Big Data
26. Blister In The Sun (Violent Femmes)
**Playlist taken from www.travelchannel.com